1. Favorite Color: Big Surprise here..."Pink & Brown", "Red, Orange & Pink" ~ Candy Colors! I like Combos vs. Single Colors! Not a huge Purple fan : )
2. Chocolate Lover? Milk, Dark, White, or none of the above? Love Bittersweet and everything else ~ not a big fan of White : )
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? OMG do you have all day? Ah....Paper Crafts & Food Crafts ~
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? I love to paint on canvas and really haven't had time to do that...too much swappin' going on!
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in ( so your partner doesn’t send something you wouldn’t use)? Knitting & Crocheting ~ I don't have the patients for either : ) but I totally appreciate the crafts.
6. Do you have any allergies? (we don’t want to send anything with peanuts if it’s going to make you blow up like a balloon). Yes thanks for asking ~ I'm totally allergic to lame, rude people!
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Decorating, candy eating, costumes, or something else? Decorating and Making Food!
8. Do you decorate for Thanksgiving/Fall? Weird I know but Not Really! I go straight from Halloween to Christmas!
9. December Holidays--what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday? We celebrate Christmas and I've always wished to celebrate (for lack of a better term) "Chrismukah". I'm not Jewish but Hanukkah it's such a beautiful holiday & to be able to celebrate both together sounds wonderful. I decorate kind of Retro, Vintage, 1950's and Modern! Always looking for glass candies, cool "Sweets" related ornaments. I love ornaments of little feathered birds too! Peacocks, Doves etc. Not big on wooden, clunky, country, snowmen, Santa, traditional Christmas decor. Last year we did a tropical tree with a little monkey at the top! This year I think we're going for the European Bakery, Hansel & Gretel Style of look! (Gumdrops & Gingerbread) I will paint our front window to match the theme too!
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? Not yet....
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? Oh yes! Our eldest Priss Cat (13 yrs.) is a long haired Calico ~ petite and a total Diva ~ she doesn't put up with much : ), then we have Tanzy (12 yrs.) (Tonzy is her nickname)an orange Tabby weighing in over 20+ lbs who begs for rice pudding! Last but not least we have a Silky Terrier Chester Copperpot (3 1/2 yrs.)who is honestly the most human dog I've ever known with a HUGE personality to boot! He has so many nicknames I think he may suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder and it's all our fault!
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like? Love to read? To tell you the truth I'd rather make something with my hands ~ but I do love Reference Books, the Dictionary, Periodicals, Martha, Weddings, Juxtapose & our local magazine ~ Oro Valley. Also "quick reads of any kind". Love to collect Vintage: dessert/candy, children's fairy tales and cocktail books.
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? If so, what day and what is the occasion? No : (
14. Do you collect anything? If so what type of things do you collect? Hmmm...yes...small things! One of a kind bottle caps, Kawaii (papery goods are my fav), Strawberry & Cherry Pincushions ~ love the Stickers, Unique Cake/Cookie Decorating stuff & Ribbon!
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person?? I'm a baker and a Retired caterer (11 yrs of making chicken picata on a regular basis will make anyone cringe at the site of raw poultry ~blah!) so we don't cook meat at home. My husband won't eat it and I might have it a couple times a year. We cook healthy! I do love to bake and make snacks! Love the Mexican foods!
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand? I love fruity scents, citrus, peony, clean, fresh astringent smells are my fav! Nothing heavy!
17. What’s your favorite song? "California" from Lonley Planet (the OC theme song)
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater? Oh this is pathetic~ I don't remember! Yeah, we watch tons of movies at home! I think we must have over 1000 flicks!
19. What’s your favorite Candy? I've always been a Chocolate person, but the weathers been warm and my mailbox is like an oven, so I have resorted to hard candies, Rice candy, any Asian fun unique type of goodies! No Black licorice, but I love Red Vines!
20. Tea or Coffee or other? I love tea, but I have so much right now! Would it be weird if I said Girlie Cocktails?
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Ok so I Love Skulls ~ infact it's been a good long while that I've been "into" them! But now I know for a fact that they had transcended from being thought of as Scary, Spooky and Evil to downright Main Stream! Hooray for Skulls! How cute is this little pix? Crafty Skulls: Knitter Skulls & Scrappy Skulls! What's next? Bakery Skulls? Preppy Skulls? I know....Doggie Skulls! Woof!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
I know I'm a total dork for writting about TV in my blog but I was and still am a Huge fan of the OC, so when I heard the writter for the OC is writting a new show I got very excited! It actually premiers on Wednesday night on the CW or VH1. I just saw a quick blurb on TV tonight so I'm a little fuzzy on details! Anyway, my husband's going to be a good sport and watch the pilot with me! Awwww.....isn't that sweet! As long as I see the pilot, then I pretty much know if I'll like them or not! That's how we got hooked on LOST! Which btw doesn't start up again until FEB 08!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
My newest blog dedicated to my everlasting love for Weddings! If you're planning your own, need new Ideas & lots of Visuals to help Create your Perfect Day then this is the blog for you! Come visit me at: California Girl Weddings
My newest blog will be dedicated to all things Sweet! If your craving new recipes, ideas or if you just need to chat come visit me at: California Girl Confections
Friday, September 14, 2007
you grow up? If you would've asked me at age 5 (true story) ~ I would've told you a Surgeon or a Cake Decorator! Bizarre but true! At age 13 things changed ~ I defiantly wanted to be a Mermaid! "Splash" was my favorite movie back then! Now what do I want to be? A Happy & Healthy Mermaid who Decorates Cakes! Ha! I'll settle for Happy and Healthy!
This picture is so Amazing! Not that I would want the responsiblity of transporting that monster! It looks like an accident waiting to happen! A cake decorator's nightmare! But I can imagine putting the final touches on something of this magnitude! Viola!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Today is a day of Remembrance for obvious reasons...A day to honor the heros of our time. September 11th reminds me of many people who have since passed but live on in our hearts. I still think of Diana often and wanted to pay Tribute to her by making these ATC's. She was such a Beautiful person inside and out. It has been 10 years since her death. It has been 6 years since 9/11. A lot has happend, a lot has changed. For me it will always be my day to remember...
Go figure I got the same partner I had for August! Fine with me! She's fun to Swap with! She loves Lobsters & Chickens so I kind of centered this swap around those two ideas! The best is the Chicken who lays Gum Balls!
This was a very fun swap for me because I love Pinups and I was the host! I made a Tea Towel with an Iron-On transfer of Gil Elvgren's famous painting "Riding High", a bunch of Gift Tags, a pair of Pastie Magnets,some "Centerfold" ATC's and a Bettie Page DVD! What a great bunch of gals who joined the swap too! What fun ~ I'm sure I'll do another one!
Friday, September 7, 2007
"I've Been Tagged!" Blog so here goes Take Two!:
My first time being tagged so basically what that means is I must post 6 Interesting/Weird things about myself and then tag 6 blogs ~ in turn whomever I tag must do the same!
So here goes: Hmmmmm... 6 weird things about me...
1. Probably not that big of a surprise but I'm a Craft-o-Holic! I have to stay busy with my hands or I get very sad :(
2. I'm a stickler for good oral hygeine! No bad breath ~Please!
3. I'm somewhat of a gift wrap snob! I know good quality when I see it or feel it!
4. I can make something look like it's worth a whole lot more than it actually is, Hint: I use really good Gift Wrap!
5. If I could live in my PJ's I would (and for the most part I do)!
6. When people meet me in person they can never guess my age! I'm happily still getting carded!
Blogger Friends I'm Tagging:
Thursday, September 6, 2007
This time of year always reminds me of Hansel & Gretel! Two innocent children alone in the woods stumble upon a house made of Gingerbread! I mean what could be more perfect! When I was little I used to play "Willy Wonka" instead of "Dolls" ~ if that wasn't a sure sign I'd end up a Baker...I don't know what would! So Welcome September! I look forward to all of my Crafting, Baking, Sewing, Wrapping, Shopping & always save the best for last....Eating!
Okay I think the title says it all! I loved this movie for so many reasons! I miss the TV show Arrested Development so it was nice to see one of it's stars Jason Bateman tearing it up in this one! I thought the premis for the movie was a good one and with Zach Braf at the helm how can you resist!
If you're in need of a good laugh I highly suggest this flick!